Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Snow Leopard Scratchboard

After just a few attempts at this new medium, but I am really becoming attached to the process of learning here. Scratching white on top of black really forces me to think deeper into the lighting, negative space and composition of the subject. It is almost completely opposite from years of rendering onto a white background. I thought I would post the transitions here in the event others may want to see them . I know this type of thing helps me and I always love to see how other works of art become the ultimate expression of the artist vision.








3 comments:

  1. This scratching is a very interesting technique, and you have achieved outstanding results. I enjoyed reading both your posts, so I will be back to see more. Pleased to be your first follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Joanne...I am hoping getting off of Firefox allows me to start posting comments in other's blogs..
    If this registers and you end up reading this, thanks for the comment and I'm pleased as well to have you as a follower..I look forward to more of your postings

    ReplyDelete